During your photo shoot, I will usually direct you for any specific poses that I need and am trying to capture.
You will be put through a series of standard shots that I always take and a whole bunch that are suited specifically towards your look, attitude, and costume.
It helps however if the model knows what to do without a lot of direction.
Sometimes I will let you lead the posing as I am looking for your personality and your own take on the costume.
So, here are some general posing tips:
1) Try to relax and have fun. It's normal to be a little nervous at first, but fun shows in pictures... let yourself go and have fun.
2) Don't hold your breath for a pose. The concentration usually shows in the picture.
3) Hold in your stomach a bit to give a more toned appearance to the abdomen (even if you are in great shape). It raises the ribcage, strengthens the look of the shoulders and shapes the lower back.
4) Unless you're going for a casual look keep your back straight and your shoulders up. Bad posture is amplified in photographs.
5) Don't keep both arms entirely straight unless directed to do so for a specific pose. Bend one or both arms, even if only a little, to make the pose look less artificial. Likewise, don't keep both legs entirely straight.
6) Don't always look straight at the camera. Instead, use a variety of head and eye positions: Try turning your head, tilting your neck to one side or the other, or looking off to the side for some poses.
7) Don't use a big smile for every pose. Sometimes try a small smile, a pout, a laugh, a scowl, or even a frown, to give some variety to your facial expressions. Variety of expression is one of the things that makes a great costume gallery.
8) If I make suggestions please Listen to what I am saying. I can see you through the camera. You can't. It is my goal to make sure you look great on the site. I have shot thousands of people over the years and know what I am doing.
Additional Posing Tips for Plus-Size Models:
1) Rest most of your weight on one foot or the other instead of evenly on both feet. Doing so makes poses look less artificial and gives a slight slimming effect in most positions.
2) When sitting or reclining, roll one hip up slightly from the resting surface so that most of your weight is on the back of one thigh or the other instead of evenly on both thighs. This gives a slight slimming effect and makes the pose look less artificial.
3) Avoid having your arms hanging flat against your sides. Instead, bend your arms slightly, place your hands on your hips, or try other poses that involve alternate placements of the arms.
4) Keep your chin up to avoid chin wrinkles or double chins.
Posing Tips For Emphasizing Cleavage:
1) Lean forward.
2) Bring arms together at the waist.
3) Clasp hands together below the waist, keeping arms straight at the elbows.
4) Cross you arms.
Posing Tips for Minimizing Cleavage:
1) Lean backward.
3) Keep arms apart.
4) Raise arms above shoulders or above head.
Don't worry to much about all the above suggestions... they are to help, not make you worry more. As mentioned before, I will talk you through (no homework needed) and make sure you look fabulous.
CostumeHUB has a huge selection of sexy costumes, and features premier brands such as: Leg Avenue, Dreamgirl, and Playboy!